Keeping your private information private!
The privacy of your information is and will always be important to us at the Intelligent investment Services Group Pty Ltd. (the “Group”). HelpCompare.com.au is a 100% owned and operated division of the Group and we are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
The policy covers
- How we manage your personal information.
- Describes generally the types of personal information held
- The purposes for holding the information
- How we collect, store, use and disclose the information
How and why we collect your personal information?
If you are acquiring and using the service of HelpCompare.com.au we will collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of
- Providing you with the relevant service, including filtering and short-listing potential loan products for the comparison results
- For managing and administering the service requested including passing your details to the relevant financial services provider to make contact with you to deliver further support
We may also collect your personal information for the purposes of letting you know about other products and services that might better service or financial e-commerce and lifestyle needs or promotions, or other opportunities in which you may be interested.
The information we collect may included your name, postcode, e-mail address, contact phone number, financial details, or other information we may consider necessary.
We may also collect anonymous information for the purposes of improving our website, including but no limited to, when and where a website visitors goes on HelpCompare.com.au (“Website”), which of our marketing messages attracted visitors to our website service and so. These are not personally identifiable.
We collect this information when you complete one of the forms on our website, when you contact us or when you use the website, or when you click on a link within an e-mail we send.
Keeping you up to date!
We may disclose your personal information to let you know about, develop, products and services from across the Group that might better serve your financial and or lifestyle needs, or promotions or other opportunities in which we think you may be interested. Of course, you can contact us at any time using the Contact Us form to let us know that you longer wish to receive these opportunities.
Keeping your details up to date.
We will do our best to ensure that the personal information and details we collect, retain, disclose and use are accurate, complete and up date. If you believe that the details are not up to date then, at your earliest convenience, please contact us to update them. Contact Us
How we keep your personal information safe.
We store information in different ways, including electronically and in paper format. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We do this through a number of methods including:
- Confidentiality requirements for all of our employees
- Document storage and security policies
- Security procedures for systems access
- Limiting access to personal information to those appropriately identified
- Access control to all our buildings
- And the security measure described in the section ‘Our Website’
How we ensure your privacy on the internet.
HelpCompare.com.au uses security protocols common to critical high value transactions over the Internet. Such protocols include the use of SSL or secure Sockets Layers on the webs pages that capture your personal information.
This information is directed straight into databases that are hosted and housed within Australia, with providers who are subject to the same rigorous privacy laws.
Accessing your personal information
Should you request your personal information we will provide it to you. This is subject to some exceptions, which apply under the law. If we deny you access we will advise you as to the reasons why.
Some of the reasons for denying access include where:
- Providing your information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- Your request can reasonably be considered to be frivolous or vexatious
- The information is relates to a confidential or commercially sensitive decision making process
- Access would be unlawful for any reason
Processing Privacy Issues
Should you have any concerns or issues that you would like to raise with us, please do so via our phone or online contact details. Contact.
Third party websites
HelpCompare.com.au may contain links to third party websites. We make no representations as to the accuracy, suitability or usefulness of these websites. These websites are not a part of the Group, and are not under our control or responsibility. We strongly recommend that you identify and read the terms or use on those websites, and or seek independent advice before the purchase of any financial product or service.
On leaving the HelpCompare.com.au website, you acknowledge that you do so by choice and at your own risk.
The use of ‘Cookies’